BEST FOUNDATION ... EVER?

4:02 PM

I might be the last person on the planet to try this foundation, but I still have to rave about it! Because of my upcoming (like ... coming too quickly) wedding, I have been on the search for the perfect foundation. I thought I found it in the MUFE Ultra HD foundation, but after wearing that foundation for a couple of weeks, I found that it can accentuate pores under my eyes which is not a good look. Don't get me wrong!!! The MUFE Ultra HD is one of the best foundations I've ever tried, but I do have to use the right primers. If you have larger pores, the Ultra HD may not look the best on you. 

So..... what is my favorite foundation? 

I have fallen in love with the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. I know, I know - you've heard the amazing reviews already, but for an oily/combo skin person, this is huge for me! I never thought this foundation would look good on me because I thought I'd turn into an oily mess in seconds. 

After wearing it for a few days in a row, I've noticed that it looks flawless all day, giving me a nice glow but not in a greasy way. I've noticed that any other face products that I wear such as bronzer, blush, highlight, etc all looks flawless as well all day long. 


I have been pairing it with all different types of products - a luminous primer, a mattifying primer - you name it. I love to set my concealer with the Laura Mercier Translucent setting powder, but for me I don't really need to set my entire face with this foundation. 

The cons of this foundation are definitely the confusing shade numbers and the price tag. $62 for a foundation? Yikes. But if it makes me look like a glowing goddess, I'll pay it.

I tried a couple of sample colors before I splurged on the big bottle. I am not 100% sure if I am currently shade 2 which is a light skin, neutral undertone, or a shade 3 which is a light skin with a golden/warm/yellow undertone. For my wedding, I chose to get a sample of shade 4.5 which is a light to medium with a neutral undertone. This should work for me as I tan a bit and get a little darker for the big day. 



Overall, I think it's beautiful and I definitely will be wearing this on my wedding day, my honeymoon, and maybe everyday for the rest of my  life.... until something better comes along that is. :) 

Let me know what you guys think of this foundation! I'm sure you've tried it. If you haven't, I suggest going to a department store counter where you can get some samples! It's definitely worth trying before splurging on the real thing.




xx sara



You Might Also Like

0 comments