worth the hype ? | HOURGLASS AMBIENT BRONZER

8:04 PM

The Sephora VIB sale is underway and for my first round (yes... I'll probably go back for more) I decided to get one of the newest products out, the Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in the shade Luminous Bronze Light. I wanted to talk about it because it has a huge price tag of $50! Is a $50 bronzer worth the money? Or is whatever you already have in your makeup stash good enough?



First of all, I have to say Hourglass does an amazing job with all of their products. I am a huge fan of theirs and I have their ambient lighting palette, blush palette, veil primer, film noir mascara, and now this bronzer. Their packaging is super luxurious and definitely worth more than other brands. The thing I love about their ambient lighting collection is the sheer but beautiful glow that the products give. The palettes and the bronzer have the ability to make your skin look BETTER and not look like you have a blob of blush or highlight on your face. 

This ambient bronzer is a warm light bronze with bands of darker bronze in a marble pattern. This bronzer does have shimmer. The inside package states that you can use this for a glow or you can use to contour but this is DEFINITELY not a contour powder. From the warmth to the shimmer, this is the exact product everyone in the makeup world says NOT to contour with.




I used my MAC 129 brush with this product and I have to say it goes on very smooth, and adds a subtle glow without chunks of glitter. There is no patchiness here which is what I would expect from Hourglass.

The packaging is a gorgeous gold metal like finish with a nice mirror and a sturdy feel. 


It wears all day and doesn't break up and really pairs well with foundation. I hate streaky bronzers that can't play nice with your foundation or blush and then it just all ends up looking like a huge mess. 

Overall, if you are a makeup JUNKIE/HOARDER, what can I say? You need this. It looks great on fair skin and the glow it gives is awesome. 

If you are on a budget and have other bronzers that give warmth and a nice sheen, I would skip this product. While it is beautiful, for $50, you could get an entire contour kit with multiple bronze type shades that do not have shimmer if that's not your thing. 

So if you are the hoarder-type, go check out the bronzer a on Sephora's website! For the next few days you can get up to 15% off if you are a VIB or VIB Rouge! 

If you guys end up picking this up, let me know your thoughts !!

xx Sara 

You Might Also Like

0 comments