these are a few of my favorite | PRESSED SETTING POWDERS

3:32 PM

                       

As you may know by now, I love matte skin for the fall and winter with a hint of white icy glow. In order to achieve that look, my favorite go-to powders are in order ! Using a setting powder that works for you is all up to the amount of coverage you are looking for and how much you want to set. Personally, I love a full coverage setting powder that has an overall lightness in color to it. You can go with translucent colorless powder if you prefer! 

 I love to use some of my favorite foundations that may not be so matte, such as NARS Sheer Glow or L'Oreal True Match but one of these powders will be sure to fix that. Even with one of my favorite matte-ish foundations, Estee Lauder Double Wear these powders work like a dream to keep me shine free all day. Below are the list of my favorites from my #5 pick to my number one favorite of all! 


Powder #5: NARS Pressed Powder in "Flesh". This powder is finely milled and can be used as a foundation if you want to really pack it on, or as just a setting powder in the T-zone, which is where I normally use it. After applying my concealer, I will put this on my face and it gives me the matte effect I am looking for. 

Powder #4: COVER FX Pressed Mineral Powder in "N20". I love this little guy for it's light color and ability to be packed on without looking cakey. This one I would more likely use as a powder foundation but it does come in handy as a setting powder also.

Powder #3: MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in "Light Plus". This powder looks the best on the skin. My mom actually wears this powder in Medium Golden and her face looks flawless with it on! I've tried using this as a foundation for my oily/combo skin and it held up relatively well without too much oil coming through, but my favorite way to use this is over my concealer and in my Tzone.

Powder #2: MAC Emphasize Shaping Powder. This little baby is a perfect undereye setting powder for us pale girls. I feel that with the right brush, it can really brighten up these areas. Since I am usually the lightest or second to lightest foundation shade, there aren't too many powder shades that are light enough to highlight but this one does the trick! It's almost white, so it really works well without looking too bright or ghostly. 

Powder #1: Revlon Colorstay Powder. This. Stuff. Is. Amazing. This is the only one of the bunch that packs enough coverage to be worn as a full coverage foundation. I absolutely LOVE this powder. It's thick enough to cover but does not turn into a cake factory on the face. Make sure you are properly moisturized before applying this or it could cling to dry spots. Overall, it's my favorite of the bunch!

Which kind of setting powders do you like? Let me know in the comments below so I can try them out!

Follow me on Instagram
Check out my latest video to see my Winter Foundation Routine

xx sara






You Might Also Like

0 comments