YSL Fusion Ink Foundation | REVIEW

6:27 AM




I just uploaded a video of a makeup look using all new products and the YSL Fusion Ink foundation was one of them! I got this foundation in a deluxe sample (.33 oz) from Sephora from a VIB gift they were giving away along with a small little YSL makeup bag so I thought this would be a great time to try the foundation out for you all!

The applicator that is attached to the lid of the foundation is a long doe-foot wand that I assume you are supposed to apply to the back of your hand or directly onto your makeup brush? I feel that the wand isn't necessary but I am not sure how this foundation would work if it had a pump. I feel that it might be too liquidy for that, so I guess it serves its purpose so you do not have to tip the bottle over and dump the product out which ... could be REALLY messy. 



As you can see in the video, the minute I put the foundation on, I loved the way it felt. It is a smooth, velvety-liquid texture and goes on beautifully. I used my Sigma F80 kabuki brush to apply it which made it blend out so nicely. 

The foundation sets to a gorgeous matte powder like finish and feels weightless on the skin. I was super impressed that the color I used (BD10 Warm Porcelain) was not too warm for my skin. I go between neutral and warm tones with foundation depending on the brand, so this one was a perfect match. 

It does have SPF 18 so it does give you a bit of protection, but I would still use a sunscreen underneath. 

My bronzer, blush, and concealer went over this foundation seamlessly. I did feel that I needed a little extra product to cover some problem areas, so I would not call this a full coverage foundation. It is definitely buildable, but I would stick with calling it a medium coverage foundation. 

Now, what we all care about: the price tag. This foundation is by no means "affordable". For .84 ounces, which is less than the typical 1 ounce foundation "standard", you are paying $60 a bottle. In comparison, the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation is $62 for 1 ounce. 

Overall, the wear of it is great. It claims to give 24 hours of wear. I don't think there is EVER a time I would wear a foundation for a full 24 hours, but it's a nice promise. I did not get to wear it for as long as I'd like for a test on that, so I will update this post when I have given it a good long day of wear. 

UPDATE | I wore this foundation two days in a row for an extended period of time, about 14 hours - I went all day and then straight to a friends house and didn't wash my face. Although my oil did come through a couple of times during the day, after blotting, the foundation still looked as if I just put it on! I can get pretty oily throughout the day and sometimes the oil can break up the foundation but not this one! So impressed! 👍



So do I think it's worth the money? I do think there are other foundations out there that do the job without the large price tag. But if you are a foundation hoarder like myself, I would say this is one to add to the collection. It gives a beautiful matte finish to the skin without making the face look flat. I love the way it looks and I love the way it applies onto your skin.

Have you tried the YSL Fusion Ink foundation? What are your thoughts? Get the foundation below!

xx sara



Follow me on instagram, and be sure to check out my YouTube Channel! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've always wanted to try this, but was unsure as my skin can get quite oily on my tzone? But then I'm quite dehydrated in areas too. What do you think?

    khrissieloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super combo skin too! I have dry areas as well as super oily parts so what I do is just moisturize first and let that set so that my dry areas are hydrated. And then I'll go in with a mattifying primer (like Sephora's or Hourglass) and put that in my oily zones (nose, cheeks, forehead). I pretty much do that for every foundation that I use just in case some of my oil tries to sneak through :)

    ReplyDelete