QUENCH winter skin | my favorites !

4:16 PM

My winter skin care routine is already in full swing. It's been freezing here in New York and I have been struggling with my combo skin to keep it feeling hydrated and stop it from flaking (eww I know) and feeling super tight. Go ahead and see what some of my favorite ways to quench my thirsty winter skin ! 


I have super combination skin so there are days where I can start off feeling really dry and end the day like an oily mess. If I feel my skin needs some extra hydration, I will use my GLAMGLOW ThirstyMud Hydrating treatment. Once I've removed all of my makeup and I have completed the rest of my skincare routine, I will go ahead and pop this on my entire face in a thin layer. If I don't think I need an intense treatment, I will rinse with warm water and apply my favorite moisturizer. But, most of the time, I put it on early enough in the night that I go to bed with it on and wake up in the morning with really hydrated and soft skin. The smell of this stuff is amazing and it really quenches the skin. When your skin is hydrated, it looks and feels healthy, and is less prone to wrinkles and premature aging ! So with that said, I take my skin hydration super seriously even though I am really oily at times. 


I know what you're thinking. Why would I voluntarily put oil on my oily combo skin? Because it works. And it works really well. This Josie Maran Argan Oil Light is an amazing product and a little goes a long way. Because I am oily, I do not need a ton of this to make a difference. What I normally do is just put a couple of drops and mix it in with my normal moisturizer. This will do the trick. You can really feel the oil seeping into your skin and working it's magic. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy. Josie Maran's products are all organic and they all have amazing ingredients that will make such a difference. This also works well to keep your hands really soft and moisturized as well! 


For those of you on a budget, a DIY mask can be even better than expensive products. Here, I put together a mask that I got off of Pinterest and created a smooth and moisturizing mixture. First, take a ripe banana - so one with a couple of little brown spots on it will be perfect ! Two teaspoons of olive oil will give moisture to the skin, and the egg yolk helps to tone the skin and even can help with acne in some cases! Mash it all together to get a creamy but a little chunky consistency. Keep the mask on for 20-30 minutes and rinse! 

These three natural ingredients together can really make a difference in the way your skin feels. I did this mask tonight (crazy Saturday night, I know) and as soon as I rinsed it off with luke warm water, my skin instantly felt smooth, hydrated and healthy. 

The cost of this mask? Nothing if you have all of these ingredients in your kitchen! 

It's important to keep your skin healthy and moisturized this winter! Let me know what ways YOU keep your skin quenched during the colder months. :) 

xx sara

You Might Also Like

0 comments