kylie jenner makeup | AMAs 2014

10:05 AM

The 2014 American Music Awards were amazing ! I enjoyed everything from the music to the fashion and of course, the makeup. As soon as I saw the Kardashian-Jenner clan arrive, I knew that I would be re-creating one of their looks! Kylie's jumped out at me because of the hazy brown tones in her eye makeup as well as the long lashes and the bold burgundy lip.

See my video here!

I went online to try to find the products that she used, and I got lucky! Refinery29 did an article featuring her makeup artist, Rob Scheppy to get the deets on the entire look. Check out the article here if you 'd like to see the products he used on her!

Although I didn't use all of the products that were used on Kylie, I did manage to capture the look by going for long, wispy lashes and using the same exact lip liner that her makeup artist used

I started off with a matte base - I used a mixture of Revlon Colorstay + Estee Lauder Double Wear - both foundations have great staying power, but I needed to mix the two to get my perfect shade. Estee is looking a little dark on me lately. After that, I went right to the eyes with my trust Makeup Geek shadows in my ZPalette. I also incorporated one of my favorite Makeup Forever Artist shadows, Pink Brown. 

For "liner", I took a flat brush and flicked some of Makeup Geek "Corrupt" on the lash line, smoking it out a bit by pushing my brush upward as I applied it. This caused the shadow to look more like a faded smoky line instead of a super harsh black line. It looked like Kylie had the same thing going on. 

One of my favorite pairs of lashes are the House of Lashes Pixie Luxe - these lashes are super long + wispy and really created a fluffy soft eye look. According to the Refinery article, her makeup artist used a whole box of lashes on her! Yikes. I got the same result with the House of Lashes strip :)

Moving on to the face, a healthy glow went a long way. Although Kylie is usually very matte, this is where she made the exception. Using Charlotte Tilbury's amazing bronzing/highlighting duo, she did have some glow on her cheeks. I replicated this with my Givenchy Healthy Glow powder and a little bit of BECCA Cosmetics blush in "Songbird". After that, I applied a bit of a highlight with Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick in Sandstone. This color was limited edition, so I've linked another similar shade here.

For the lips, it's simple. Just line your lips (overdrawn in true Kylie fashion) and fill it in with the MAC Burgundy lip liner. As her makeup artist noted, you can apply a little bit of a balm on top to keep your lips from drying out.



If you'd like to see this look in action, go ahead and watch my latest video and I'll walk you through it step by step! 



What looks did you love from the AMAs? Comment below! Don't forget to follow me on instagram + check out my Youtube Channel.

See some of the products I used and some of the products that Rob Scheppy used on Kylie down below!

xx sara








 Get my top!

You Might Also Like

0 comments