DITCH THE POWDER FOR SPRING & SUMMER

5:10 PM

 I have been reaching for my favorite makeup setting sprays for the past few weeks to set my makeup and I've been leaving my normal setting powders behind. These sprays are not only good to set makeup but during the warmer months they are so refreshing and feel so good on the skin. Keep on reading to see my favorites !
From left to right: MAC Fix +, my own homemade rosewater toner spray, Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray, Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water


The first spray that I ever bought was MAC's Fix+. It is one of the most popular sprays out there. Infused with minerals, vitamins, green tea, chamomile & even cucumber, this spray hydrates the skin and soothes it at the same time. You can really use this spray with or without makeup just to give your skin something good to soak up! You can get this at www.maccosmetics.com and it will run you about $21.00.

Another popular goodie is the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. THIS is the spray that you need if you have a full face of makeup on a night out and want to keep it looking fresh all night. I have applied this on countless nights out and my makeup stays in place. Pictured here is a smaller size, but you can get this spray from your local Sephora or Urban Decay's website for $14-30 depending on the size you choose.

The third spray is one that I've just recently discovered from getting it in my ipsy bag! This is the Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water spray. You can get this on Amazon or their website for about $12-$16 depending on the size bottle you get. This one might be my absolute favorite! It is in an aerosol type spray can which really distributes the water evenly on your skin. It feels the most refreshing and feels the most pure. I will definitely be carrying this in my bag during those warm days to refresh my skin! 

And the last spray is a homemade rose water toner spray that I made in my kitchen! This spray is very natural and is a great spray for those of you on a budget. All you need to make this spray is some fresh roses (best if you pick fresh ones right out of your garden), some aloe vera, distilled water, and a pot to cook it all up! The good thing about this spray is that it is very fresh and feels and smells amazing. The down side is that it will only last about 2 weeks out of the fridge and maybe 4 or 5 weeks if refrigerated. You can use this as a toner as well to calm redness and soothe the skin after cleansing. Let me know if you would like me to do a tutorial of how to make this spray on my Youtube channel! 

Thanks so much for checking back in. 

xx sara

You Might Also Like

0 comments