SPRING 2014:: 9 Beauty Necessities !

6:20 PM

THANK GOD spring is around the corner. If you don't already know, I live in New York where its been bitterly cold, more than our usual winters. I am counting down the days to 50 degree weather - I'll take anything over what we have now. If anyone has a free & open house in California, I will be happy to live in it for you.

Transitioning to spring is so fun for fashion and beauty. After the hype of vampy fall nail polish and lipstick is over, we are all looking forward to some fresh, clean bright colors for the new season! Below are some things that I will definitely be starting to use ... pretty much tomorrow because winter is just depressing me. :)

1. A lightweight foundation (or BB cream if you prefer). 

Buxom Show Me Some Skin Weighless Foundation, $34.00, www.sephora.com


A lightweight foundation is perfect for spring. It gives a fresh but still airbrushed look . While in winter, you can get away with a little heavier coverage, spring  2014 is all about getting that sheer but flawless coverage that will last all day. This Buxom foundation is great because you can build up the coverage for days where your skin is not so perfect, but is very sheer when one layer is applied. I love it! 

2. A luminous bronzer and highlighter

From left to right: MAC, Double Definition (last year limited edition), MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle, $30.00, maccosmetics.com, MAC MSF in Gold Deposit, $30.00, maccosmetics.com

I'm super pale (by choice - believe it or not, my olive skin tans easily), so in the spring and summer, I usually reach for a bronzer with some luminosity to brighten and warm up my skin. MAC's Soft & Gentle acts as a gorgeous powder to highlight the tops of my cheekbones and my cupids bow for a subtle glow. 

3. A beautiful peach/neutral blush & 4. a Beauty Blender!
Top: Makeup Forever HD Cream Blush in #225 
Bottom: Beauty Blender, limited edition Radiant Orchid, $18.00
If you haven't seen these new cream blushes from Makeup Forever, you have to check them out now! The colors are beautiful (they have 16 colors), so creamy and they last all day. A cream blush is great for spring and summer because it stays all day and looks so natural as if it is your skin is flushed. 

For me, my skin adjusts during spring from dry to a little more oily. The beauty blender applies my makeup so smoothly and evenly. This cool, limited edition color Radiant Orchid was made after the Pantone color of the year! 

5. Gorgeous liquid illuminator


Revlon Photoready Skin Light in Peach light, $12.99
NARS "Orgasm" Illuminator, $30.00

As I've mentioned illuminators before, these are absolutely necessities for spring. Winter can give you some dull skin. An illuminator like this will give a look as if you are glowing from within. I LOVE the way these look on the skin. 

6, 7, 8, & 9: Pastel nails, rose gold eyes, and sheer coral or baby pink lips!

Nails: Essie in Ballet Slippers (pink), Find Me an Oasis (blue), $8.50
Shadows: Naked 3 Palette, $52.00, www.sephora.com
Lipstick: Maybelline Coral Gleam (left), MAC Angel (right)

Sheer is in for spring so what better than some sheer colors for your nails, lips and eyes! These two Essie polishes are so beautiful and are true pastels. I am wearing Ballet Slippers on my nails right now and it just looks so effortless and clean. 
The Naked 3 palette offers some beautiful rose gold shadows that will give you a light color with just the right amount of depth. 
These two lip colors are definitely my go-to for spring!

And that is it ! Thanks so much for checking back ! I will be making a new video this weekend - it feels like it's been forever! 

Skincare video OR Makeup Haul Video (Sephora, Drugstore)?!!?

xx 

sara

business email:: saraveronabeauty@gmail.com
Don't Forget to Check out my YOUTUBE channel & SUBSCRIBE :) 







You Might Also Like

0 comments