MY SKINCARE ROUTINE & HOW I GOT CLEAR SKIN

4:36 PM

Hi again! I have been really excited to show you all these new products that I have been using and that have worked wonders for my skin. I have had troubled skin for years and I finally have found something that has transformed my skin and I couldn't be happier. If you have had issues with your skin, you know how it feels and how much you wish you could find something to make it better.



If you would like to watch my skincare video, please watch here! Don't forget to subscribe to my channel for more from me :)

I have had mild acne and blemishes for as long as I can remember and I have always been actively trying to correct it. My skin is combination where I have dryness around the perimeter of the face and a lot of oil down the center in the T-Zone. I tried Proactiv and drug store products for years that just didn't help me at all. I tried everything. Finally, around the age of 20 I went to the dermatologist who didn't help me in the least bit. She was an older woman who had been shelling out prescriptions all day it seemed and I was just next on the list. She took a look at my skin for five minutes and..
wrote me a prescription for antibiotics. At that point, I was happy to take anything for my acne and I didn't think it would take a toll on me. After about a month, my skin looked great! But I started having side effects from the antibiotics which really threw me off. I went back to her and she decided to give me some topical cream that did nothing but make my skin burn and it smelled horrible. I gave up on her and decided to try to figure it out again on my own.


I went on the pill, thinking that would help and it did for a short while. My body hated taking the pill and I was feeling nausea and other things so I eventually stopped taking that also.

I started researching on YouTube when I found Acne.org. If you've never heard of it, I would recommend checking it out, especially if you have serious acne. It helped, but I knew it wasn't my long term solution. It definitely got me on the right track as far as making me stick to a specific regimen and I use the benzoyl peroxide that comes with it as a spot treatment when I have an individual blemish.

I decided to eat better & drink more water, which I definitely notice a difference, even today. My skin looks better, is less red, and feels hydrated when I drink more water! So that is step one!

I went to Marlene Weber Day Spa (as recommended by a co-worker :)) and the esthetician there, Sara, changed my life! She told me about the drugstore skin products that I was using and how they were not really benefiting my skin at all. These are the products that she recommended that I now swear by:

Skinceuticals LHA Cleansing Gel, $34.00. Skinceuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector, $90.00

This cleansing gel from SkinCeuticals has absolutely changed my skin in less than a month. After my esthetician did a microdermabrasion treatment along with a facial, I did have some dryness and peeling but I kept on using this. The cooling effect it gives off feels so refreshing after you pat your face dry and I could tell right away it was working. It is specifically for problematic skin! 

The Advanced Pigment Corrector is pretty pricy, but I had concerns of hyper pigmentation and dark spots and this led her to recommend this to me. It definitely works but since it is on the pricy side, I will have to give it more time to really make a decision to repurchase it.

Skinceuticals Daily Moisture, $60.00. Benefit, It's Potent! Eye Cream, $34.00

I absolutely love this moisturizer. It is lightweight, a little goes a long way, and it really hydrates my skin. For an eye cream, this Benefit cream really gives your eyes some hydration and it claims to brighten them ! 


 Glam Glow Supermud Treatment, $69.00
 Lush Breath of Fresh Air Toner Water, $21.95

This GlamGlow mask is amazing - I've talked about it before. I use this once or twice a week just to get the gunk out of my pores. As you can see in the picture, once it dries, it really sucks out the impurities and leaves your skin soft and fresh.


I use the Lush Breath of Fresh Air toner a few times a week as well to clean my skin and restore a balance to it. It feels great and strips the gross oils from my skin without drying it up.

And those are my skin secrets! I really swear by them and hope this may help. Please don't forget to watch my video as I go into a little more detail on the products and my overall skincare. Be sure to go to a professional and really get to know your skin type before splurging on products. I have spent hundreds of dollars on skin products that have never worked because I never really got the best advice.

Good luck and thank you for checking back with me!

Business Email:
saraveronabeauty@gmail.com

Check me out on YouTube and don't forget to subscribe !

See what I just got in my March 2014  Ipsy bag !

Watch my Highlight & Contour video !

xx sara

You Might Also Like

0 comments