CONTOURING :: You Don't Always Need Expensive Products

12:43 PM

If you follow me on twitter or instagram (if you don't, I suggest you do @saraverona) then you probably saw my recent post about how you don't always need an expensive contouring product to get a great slimmed down look for your face!

I have seen a lot of girls recently posting about the Bobbi Brown foundation stick which I am positively sure is perfect and amazing and gives a beautiful contour. I love Bobbi Brown products and I do swear by some of them. However, I know a lot of people are not going to go out and spend $42.00 on a foundation stick that they are going to use for contouring only!

Obviously any color you use for contouring should be two-three shades darker than your skin tone and when done properly, should not be done with a bronzer, but a matte, grey-toned brown color to give the idea of a shadow to define your face. If you haven't seen my contour & highlight video, I suggest you check it out to get an idea of what I mean.

I decided to look around for something similar to the Bobbi Brown stick because I did want to purchase it, but I was really hesitant to spend the money when, clearly, I spend too much money on makeup as it is :)

The Maybelline Fit Me Foundation stick seemed perfect and I gave it a shot! I chose the color Cappuccinno, #340 at my local Walgreens for $7.99 I believe.

They have a lot of shades from light to medium to deep and I have read some reviews on this stick as just a regular foundation stick. I haven't heard the BEST things about using this as an all over foundation, but to each her own.

The formula is said to be shine free and the core of the stick is the "shine free" portion of it.  

I used it yesterday with my Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation as the base. I put it on the hollows of my cheeks, sides of my forehead and temple area, my nose, and my jawline. Although it does have more of a warm toned brown than a grey tone, it did give a beautiful natural contour. Because it is a creamy/gel product, it is really easy to blend out so you can make it look as severe or as natural as you want it to.

I swatches it on my hand to show you but it does look a little scary on my hand - it might be the lighting that makes it look that orange because I promise you, on the skin, it doesn't look like that when blended!


I used one of my favorite Sigma Beauty brushes, the Small Duo Fibre (F55) to really blend this out and make it look natural. I loved the finish and the way it looked all day! 

Sigma Small Duo Fibre F55 Brush in Copper, $21.00

I would definitely suggest trying it if you are looking for an affordable contour option! As you may know by now, I love myself some contouring and highlighting and I really love giving you all some tips and some other options to the higher ends things that are out there. 

Lipstick: Maybelline, Nude Lust, $6.99. Eyeliner: L'Oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Eyeliner.
Foundation: Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation, $39.00. 
Mascara: L'Oreal Lash Out Butterfly Mascara. 
Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate, $18.00.

Thank you as always for checking in ! 


business email: saraveronabeauty@gmail.com

Follow me on Instagram! : @saraverona 

xx sara

You Might Also Like

0 comments