A Few of My Favorite Things : JANUARY 2014

6:06 PM

Sorry I didn't get a January favorites video up! I realized a day or so ago that I never did January favorites so I thought I would bring some of them to you here instead!!!

Let's get right into it !


 The first product I have to mention is a new foundation that I am LOVING and it is so affordable that it is hard to believe it's this good! I think this has been a fan favorite for a really long time but I just discovered it because I have been trying to find something other than L'Oreal True Match that is my #1 drugstore foundation. The Revlon Colorstay (I have the Oily/Combo Skin version - they also make a normal/dry skin version!) is such an amazing foundation ! I use the color Buff which I believe is the second lightest shade. In the bottle, I was really worried about the color match, but when it goes on your skin, it has such an amazing coverage for such an inexpensive product. I am absolutely loving it as an everyday foundation. It blends really well and has lasting power! It doesn't oxidize on my skin and it is slowly becoming a favorite favorite FAVORITE foundation in my collection :) 

You can get this foundation at any drugstore, Revlon : $9.99
These two little babies here have won my heart over. As you may have seen on a blog post a few back, my new favorite of the moment mascara has to be the L'Oreal Butterfly Lash Out Mascara. Look at the wand on that !!! it has two different bristles for the main brush and little bristles on the other side for the lower lash line. This mascara makes my eye lashes so long and voluminous! 
L'Oreal Butterfly Lashout Mascara, $7.99

Under it, is the L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense liquid liner. I absolutely love my Marc Jacobs liner for the tip of it and how well it glides on, but for an everyday liner, it's a little expensive. For a lot less, this LOreal liner really does the trick and has the perfect length wand to get that little cat eye flick at the end. 
L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense, $8.99


I talked about the Revlon Photoread Skinlight in my Beauty Haul, and I am happy to say it became one of my favorite products of the month. I am so so happy that Revlon came out with this product again. This is the only color that I've tried so far but it will definitely be a staple in my spring/summer makeup routine as it has such an amazing glow and good lasting power. Whether I use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones or mix it in my foundation for an all over illuminator, this stuff looks so natural and makes anyones skin look healthy and glowing :)
Revlon Photoready Skinlights, Peach Light, $12.99 at any drugstore


I put two products in this little box here: The Illamasqua Skin Base foundation: OMG. I have never used a foundation like this before. I am telling you I only need a DROP of this stuff to cover half of my face. The consistency is something I cannot describe - it is almost like a gel, or ... something.. ? I can't describe it! But the finish is great, it feels so smooth on your skin, and it feels so weightless. It's definitely one of my favorite foundations of my whole collection! 
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation, Sephora/Ulta, $42.00

Also pictured above is the Makeup Forever Mat Bronzer in shade 20. It doesn't look as orange on your skin as it does in the picture. I have to say I used to hate this product. Once you get through the first layer though, it starts to become more pigmented and easier to work with. I felt like before I got through the first layer, nothing was even on my brush when I tried to use it! But now, it is something that I use when I am not contouring and just need a little bit of tan on my face. 
MAKEUP FOREVER Mat Bronze 20, Sephora/Ulta, $32.00


And last, but probably my top favorite of the month is the Extra Dimension Skin finish by MAC in Fairly Precious. This. Color. Is. To. Die. For. It's a rose gold, shimmer but not chunky beautiful highlighter that I use as a blush at times or alone as just a highlight. Along with the Revlon Photoready Skinlight, this will definitely be a huge part of my makeup routine this spring and summer for it's beautiful shimmer and subtle glow.
MAC Fairly Precious, www.maccosmetics.com, $30.00

Tell me if you've used any of these products! I love hearing from you! 

New video will be coming soon: I have some ideas but I would love some suggestions :)

xx Sara

Business Email:
saraveronabeauty@gmail.com

Don't Forget to Watch ME ON YOUTUBE 
 & SUBSCRIBE to keep up with me !

Tweet Me : @saraverona
Insta Me : @saraverona




You Might Also Like

0 comments