WHY PRIME?

7:36 PM

I recently discovered some beauty forums that I am pretty active in and a lot of the questions I have been seeing lately are "Do I need primer?" or girls asking what they can do to make their pores look smaller when applying their makeup, or asking how they can keep their makeup on all day - well the answers to all of these things are YES - YOU NEED PRIMER!



Before I was an avid primer user, I found that my makeup would slide off during the day (eww.. ) or it would look patchy by 4pm or I needed to blot my face way more often of greasiness. All of this is gross stuff that just doesn't have to happen. So when I discovered primer, I really found that a lot of these problems went away! Pores looked smaller, I started with a matte canvas, and I had a lot more wear time of my foundation/blush/bronzer! Of course different primers work better for different skin types.

I would have to say of all pictured above, my absolute favorite is the Smashbox Photo Finish Color Corrector Primer - it is a salmon color which will wipe out any discoloration and it is a creamy, smooth balmy type of liquid that helps even out my skin texture and color.

Benefit Porefessional is something I will use if my pores are looking a little extra cray - this is the same consistency of the Smashbox primer, but I think it works better on AREAS and not all over the face as a primer.

The one thing that I always use prior to a primer is the Urban Decay B6 prep spray - this is a light mist that will make everything stick. It is definitely one of my go-to beauty favorites.

What are your favorite primers? Try a few different ones out if its not doing what it says it does - it may not be the primer itself - it may be the primer in combo with your skin!

Some drugstore primers that I've tried are the LOreal Miracle Blur & the Magic Lumi - these are both great primers if you are looking for a more affordable option.

Have fun & Stay beautiful

xx Sara

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I have to say that I did not use a primer for the longest time and now that I do I wonder how I ever got along without it (: I prime every day even when I do not wear makeup lol great post! (:

    ReplyDelete